Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Favorite New Death Knight UI

I go through phases on what I expect and want out of a UI or user interface.  In the past I always liked the bulky and full look of Spartan UI and it included a lot of what I needed, just some nice organization.  However, lately my attention has been drawn to a need to create a clean, light weight, and fast UI.  Not to mention I finally got around to cleaning out my Addon folder.

Thankfully there are a lot of options available for premade UI's.  These combo packs of user interface goodies can of course be found and downloaded from Curse.  But, occasionally there are packages available that can't be found officially on the Curse World of Warcraft add on website, which is the case with the Tukui user interface.

What I love about Tukui is that it automatically sets itself up optimally for the class and character you are playing.  No more fumbling around for profiles, there is a few clicks to get you to DPS mode, and you are done.  However, if you are someone that likes tweaking the night away, there are plenty of options available for that as well.  For example, I've customized how many action bars are up at one time and had to move my stance bars around.  Other than that, this baby comes ready to roll.

Built into the Tukui UI is bag sort, map mods, chat mods, automatically sell/repair, and more!  I found myself only needing to add a few more addons to reach my normal functionality.  Postal, Advanced Trade Skill Window, Tidy Plates Threat Plates, and Deadly Boss Mods rounded out my setup.

I now enjoy an extremely clean and light weight user interface.  Although it's still early in the adoption phase, I think I'll be keeping this UI around well into Cataclysm.

No comments:

Post a Comment