Friday, September 4, 2009

Faction Change For My Orc Death Knight

Yesterday morning I started the faction change process for my level 71 Orc Death Knight. Well worth the $30 fee imposed by Blizzard, considering how much time I had already invested. I'm more of a casual player, so I was not prepared to throw away 350+ professions and a 71 experience level. Besides, the only reason I even created a Horde Death Knight was so that I could experience the greener grass of Horde PvP.

The faction change process only took my character about 8 hours to complete. Once finished I was not notified by email that the pending status had been lifted, but when I logged in the changes were complete. It was like creating a fresh toon, only with all my other gear and professions already in place. Heck, I even picked a new name, abandoning Tabtech and going with a reborn Mehlord. ;)

I hadn't played my DK since last February, decidedly because I was working on an Alliance Druid. However, now that all my toons are back on the Alliance side, I think I will take the DK to max level. This blog will be a place where I can organize my thoughts on Death Knight leveling and where others can come for advice, by learning from my mistakes.

Lesson number 1, the grass is not greener on the other side. I read it best on the WoW forums, the sting of defeat lasts much longer than the thrill of glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment