Thursday, October 29, 2009

Death Knight Tank Elixir and Potions

I've become good friends with a couple of consumables that make my tanking easier. As mentioned previously, I'm new to tanking, so any help I can get I'm going to use. Consumables like potions and elixirs will be the first to come to mind, but don't forget the extra attack power and stamina boost from chowing down on your favorite food either.

Until defense capped I always used Elixir of Mighty Defense, which obviously can help you reach that cap to run Heroics or even Raids.

To help with threat generation I also down a Elixir of Mighty Strength. This is becoming increasingly important because most dps out gear me at this point and keeping threat on multiple mobs can be a challenge. Heck, even on single target tank'n spank bosses it can be an issue if maxed out warriors or warlocks decide to crit it up. Thank goodness Dark Command is on only an 8sec cool down.

To recap, new Death Knight tanks should always bring along Guardian Elixir's and Battle Elixir's. Only one of each can be active at any given time and they are inexpensive enough to keep plenty in your bags, just in case of wipes.

Lastly, as a side note, your healer may request you use Elixir of Mighty Fortitude. This has been a helpful elixir before I had a larger stamina pool or if my healer wasn't equipped to the teeth.

Happy Tanking.

No comments:

Post a Comment